Camden Community Connection’s (CCC) Youth program provides a wide range of services to young people and/or their families living in the Camden Local Government Area (LGA).
CCC works in partnership with a number of Macarthur based organisations to deliver quality programs and projects to meet the needs of young people in the area.
Early Intervention and Placement Program
This program, funded by NSW Family and Community Services, offers young people, aged 12 – 18 years, and/or their families living in the Camden LGA information, support, referrals and case management.
Youth workers are available to assist young people to achieve their goals.By providing information and support, CCC hopes to ensure young people and their families are able to access available services such as counselling and family support.
Young people are encouraged to drop in to CCC to speak to a youth worker. Our Youth Workers can help with
- life skills
- social skills and relationships
- financial management and budgeting
- careers advice and support
- self-help strategies connecting with family and education
In addition to being a primary source of advice and referrals in the Camden LGA, CCC also coordinates a range of other activities to assist young people.
CCC provides groups for young people as the need arises, for example
- Girls Group – Currently meeting weekly within Mt Annan High School, girls group provides young women with an opportunity to explore their experiences of body image, friendship, self- esteem, and communication, as well as their strengths and daily lived realities in a safe, friendly and non-threatening environment
- Young Mum-friendly playgroup – currently meeting at Narellan Child, Family and Community Centre every Thursday at 10.00am during the school term
- Stand Tall – CCC is actively seeking funding to deliver a16 week program for young men at risk of disengaging with employment and education. The program will aim to build resilience and self-esteem through the delivery of life skills workshops; respectful relationships workshops; and the Rock and Water program
CCC provides high school students with breakfast before school, one day a week during school terms. High Schools participating in the program include: Camden High School, Elderslie High School and Mt Annan High School.
Thursday Night Outreach
With funding from Camden Council, and the support of other local youth services, CCC hosts an outdoor Thursday Night Outreach program during the daylight savings months from October – April.
Local young people are encouraged to take part in this program held at the Narellan Library Forecourt (grassed area) opposite Narellan town Centre from 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
Activities and workshops include: Rock and Water; respectful relationships; sporting activities; fun and games. A BBQ is held between 4.30pm and 6.30pm as part of the outreach program and a youth worker is available to provide individual case management if required.
CCC also collaborates and hosts a number of exciting events as opportunities arise. CCC actively participates in Camden’s Youth Week Program, along with other initiatives, such as Mental Health Month, Sexual Health Week and Drug and Alcohol Week.
International Girls’ Day – in collaboration with Mt Annan High School and with the support of other local high schools, CCC coordinates an International Girls’ Day event. Each year over 200 local girls attend this celebration.
To contact a Camden Community Connections Youth Worker
Phone: 4647 1283