Camden Community Connection’s (CCC) Community program aims to strengthen, enrich and empower the community of Camden by providing a wide range of services for people residing in the Camden Local Government Area (LGA). CCC works in partnership with, and receives support from, a number of local based services and organisations.
CCC’s community program is funded by NSW Family and Community services.
Community Development Workers oversee CCC’s Community program.
Our community workers
- Provide information to the community
- Provide support and referral services to individuals.
- Facilitate programs, workshops, community activities and events
Information, Support & Referral
CCC provides various support services such as
- Legal Advice – First Wednesday of each month @ CCC office. Bookings essential!
- Tax Help –July to October. Bookings essential!
- Access to assistance with payment of water bills – Contact CCC for more information
- Community information and resources about upcoming events
- Information sessions as the need is identified
- Information and referral to other services and community groups in the Camden LGA
CCC provides regular programs for residents in the Camden LGA. These programs are facilitated by a Community Development Worker and include:
These sessions are designed to educate and/or inform and create awareness about particular issues. Some examples include:
- Financial skills sessions
- Mental Health information sessions
- Food Security sessions
- Legal information sessions
Active over 50 Program
Active over 50 is a physical activity program for people aged 50 years and older. Working with the Sydney South West Area Health Service and local certified fitness instructors, CCC provide the following activities:
- Narellan Tai Chi – Monday 12.30pm – 1.30pm @ Narellan Child, Family Community Centre, Queen Street Narellan (excluding public holidays).
- Harrington Park Tai Chi – Tuesday 10.15am – 11.15am @ Harrington Park Community Hall during school term.
During school holidays CCC organises affordable activities as part of their Kids Club program, for children 5-12 years. Kids Club runs on each Wednesday morning of the school holidays, except during the Christmas / New Year period and bookings are essential.
- Circus workshop
- Cooking workshop
- Hip Hop
Workshops generally run over a period of 2-8 weeks but we also hold one-off workshops. Members of the community are encouraged to actively participate in workshops whether they have prior experience or are looking to learn something new.
Some examples include:
- Cooking workshops
- Road Safety workshops for children
- Art and art therapy workshops
- Therapeutic Journal Writing
- Laughter Yoga
Community Activities & Events
Community Creative Projects
These projects involve participants working as a team to create art that can be enjoyed by the community. Examples include
- Mosaic Project – four table can be seen at the Macarthur Centre for Sustainable Living
- Women’s sculpture project – sculptures are on display at the Camden Civic Centre
Quarterly shopping trips are organised for seniors in the community
Cultural Bus Tours
Camden Community Connections has a cultural bus tour program that gives seniors the opportunity to visit a wide range of cultural destinations at an affordable cost. All bus tours include morning tea
Camden Community Connections hold quarterly networking events. The quarterly networking events are aimed at bringing people from all areas of our community together to meet with each other and also to provide relevant information provided by quality guest speakers.
CCC holds events to celebrate key dates on the community calendar of events. These include:
- Seniors Week
- Carers Week
- Youth Week
- R U OK Day
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
CCC also participates in annual community events alongside other community services in the Camden LGA. Some examples include
- Narellan Rhythms Festival
- Camden Play Day
- Camden Kids Festival
We also hold our own fundraising events to help sustain the work of our organisation.
- Community Breakfasts & BBQs
- Easter & Christmas Raffles
To find out more information contact a Camden Community Connections Community Development Worker
Phone: 4647 1283